A two-hour introductory workshop for school personnel. Participants will:
- Define transition assessment.
- Learn about a variety of formal and informal transition assessments and procedures.
- Map current transition assessment practices.
- Determine actions for improving transition assessment practices.
This is course one in the Transition Planning series. It was originally designed for school teams to take together, but will be useful in other situations, for example, orienting new staff.
- Recording of Sept 15, 2016 webinar. Webinar is 1 hour 36 minutes long.
- Course pre-work questions, MSWord, 1 page
- PowerPoint with presenter notes (50 slides) – includes presenter notes and timing for each slide
- PowerPoint slides handout, PDF, 9 pages – prints all slides, six to a page
- Pre-test, MSWord, 1 page
- Transition assessment mapping and action planning, MSWord, 2 pages
- Jamerreo transition planning worksheet, MSWord, 3 pages
- Sample transition assessment procedures, MSWord, 8 pages
- Sample instruments, MSWord, 2 pages
- Post-test and evaluation, MSWord, 3 pages
- Answer key, PDF, 1 page
The activities in this course are designed for a team. You won’t need as much time if you are working through it as an individual.
|Introductions, pre-test, review agenda, review Next Steps project
|Discuss pre-work questions
|Definition and purpose of transition assessment
|Identify types of formal and informal transition assessment
|Overview of free and for-purchase transition assessments
|Action planning ideas
Update in progress 2/7/17