January 12, 2018 We are offering a FREE online training, Promoting Family-School Partnerships, on February 15, 2018 from 8:00 – 10:00 AM for high school teams of three or more. This two-hour training will be offered via ZOOM. Flyer
During the session, Kimm Phillips from the Parent Information Center will introduce the Dual Capacity-Building Framework. This framework helps to develop the knowledge, confidence and skills that build capacity among school professionals and families to partner with one another around student success. Kimm will also review strategies and resources created for Next Steps schools to increase and sustain family engagement practices throughout the transition process:
- Developing Family Engagement Teams
- Using a focus group approach to gain the parent perspective
- Resources for planning and executing district and regional Transition Fairs
- Information about workshops and training sessions offered to school professionals, parents and students.
Register via this Google form. Registration Deadline: February 2, 2018
You will receive a confirmation email from Penny Duffy (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please contact Penny if you require any accessibility needs for the training.
Who should attend: high school teams of three or more including:
- Transition coordinators
- Case managers
- Special education administrators
- Special education directors
- Special education teachers
- School counselors
- Community partners