January 17, 2018, updated February 15, 2018 Next Steps NH has limited openings for the FREE two-day training sessions on Extended Learning Opportunities in two remaining locations in New Hampshire in April 2018. Sessions will run 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM each day. Flyer and registration information
This training is designed for school teams of three-five people seeking to deepen their understanding and practices regarding ELOs. Topics include developing an ELO program, designing ELOs, examining policy, ELOs and transition, collaboration with key partners, and resource identification and support.
- Define and identify the essential elements of an ELO
- Discover how to incorporate best practices into ELO development
- Understand the role of ELOs in transition
- Learn the critical components of an ELO program including policies and practices that support ELOs
- Explore strategies to develop an infrastructure to support ELOs within their school
Training dates and locations:
- April 4-5, 2018 at Keene State College (OPEN)
- April 18-19, 2018 at Plymouth State University (OPEN)
- April 12-13, 2018 at Manchester Community College (FULL)
Who should attend? High school and district staff including:
- ELO coordinators
- Classroom teachers
- Special education teachers
- School counselors/guidance
- Transition coordinators
- School and district administrators
- Curriculum coordinators
- School-to-work coordinators
- Case managers
Register via this Google form. Registration deadline is March 16, 2018.
You will receive a confirmation email from Penny Duffy (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please contact Penny if you require any accessibility needs for the training.