Definition: School staff connect families with community resources that support them and their child in the transition process.
- Parents/family role in natural support network
- Family role in assistive technology
- Healthcare transition
- The Housing Project at the Pacer Center in Minnesota has information and resources to help parents of children and young adults with disabilities understand their options for independent living and housing. Many housing options and supports for home living involve eligibility criteria, timelines, waiting lists, and limited availability to obtain services. One way to help your son or daughter find housing is to begin planning early.
- Parent-friendly information on a variety of topics on Transition to Adult Life: www.parentcenterhub.org/topics/transitiontoadult/
- Many attractive, user-friendly tip sheets on education, employment, living skills and more, specifically aimed at young adults with mental health challenges. Many are suitable for all youth.
- For resources on transition to adult physical and mental healthcare, see the Collaborative Planning page on this site.