Definition: The school provides and engages families in multiple transition-related training opportunities in a variety of formats.
- Introductory training
- Multiple formats for training (in-person, online, printed materials, video, audio)
- Introduction to Transition from the Center for Parent Information and Resources
- Transition Planning for Students with IEPs from the GreatSchools.org website
- High School Is a Big Thing (PDF, 2 pages, 2014). Two-page flyer on preparing for an IEP meeting about transition from high school, from the NH Parent Information Center.
- Key terms in special education from the Center for Parent Information and Resources
- Legal basis for transition process: Transition Law page on this site
- The Life After High School Transition Tool Kit (PDF, 77 pages, 2014), from NH’s Parent Information Center, helps families and youth who have an Individualized Education Program (IEP) learn about the transition planning process.
- Timeline of transition activities from birth to age 22, from Oklahoma (PDF, 31 pages, 2015; or MSWord)
- Transition… Getting from Here to There (PDF, 42 pages, 2005), developed by the NH area agencies that serve people with developmental disabilities.
- A Transition Guide to Postsecondary Education and Employment for Students and Youth with Disabilities (PDF, 62 pages, 2017) is a comprehensive overview of how state, local school districts and Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) work together with students and families to plan for the future. It links elements of good transition planning back to the related legislation. From the Office of Special Education and Rehabilitative Services U.S. Department of Education.
Understanding the New Vision for Career Development: The Role of Family (PDF, 12 pages, 2014) introduces a new way of looking at career development for youth. It discusses three phases of career development: self exploration, career exploration, and career planning and management. From the National Collaborative on Workforce Development for Youth (NCWD/Youth).
Link check 12-20-16