For students at risk and students with IEPs
Definition: There are formal processes, structures and outcomes established among school, employers, and employment related agencies, community agencies, and postsecondary institutions, which clearly articulate the roles and responsibilities to assure the following occur in culturally appropriate ways: a) methods of communication for all parties, b) information-sharing protocols, c) referral protocols, d) service and task responsibilities, e) funding responsibilities, and f) points of contact.
- Formal processes, structures and outcomes
- Communication methods
- Information-sharing and referral protocols
- Service and task responsibilities
- Funding responsibilities
- Points of contact
- The Seven Norms of Collaboration Toolkit, (PDF, 15 pages, 2017) from the Thinking Collaborative, is a valuable tool for developing and sustaining productive group interaction. One page flyer of the seven norms. U.S. Department of State training manual pageon the seven norms.
- Blog about presuming positive intentions from Maryclare Heffernan.
The Literature Review of Five Federal Systems Serving Transition Age Youth with Disabilities (PDF, 66 pages, 2013) was funded by the US Department of Labor’s Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) and covers the system’s role, its use by the population, central programs and authorizing legislation, challenges and recommendations, and common themes and trends across systems:
- vocational rehabilitation
- social security
- juvenile justice
- behavioral health
- workforce investment