Definition: Transition educators and staff meet established transition-related competencies through initial and continuing professional development that includes technical assistance and transition resources regarding evidence-informed practices.
- Transition-related competencies
- Professional development regarding transition
- Technical assistance in New Hampshire
- Transition 101 is a series of resource pages on this website for faculty and staff in teacher education/preparation programs in colleges and universities who are new or rusty about transition. They are also suitable for parents and high school staff.
- The Transition Competencies for Preservice Special Education Programs (PDF, 8 pages, 2018) were developed by the Next Steps NH project to enhance special education teacher candidate knowledge and skills about transition. There are six transition core competencies and 31 corresponding key elements. Accessible Word version
- The National Secondary Transition Technical Assistance Center developed guides in 2011 to help educators improve their skills and knowledge about specific transition-related competencies. Each guide lists competencies, when an educator needs them, and online resources with which to address gaps.
- Information on this site about the NH Network, an online platform used by 3,000 educators to collaborate and connect.
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)’s new standards for advanced programs, based on evidence-based systems for teacher preparation and institutional accreditation.
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)’s new standards for transition specialists (MSWord, 8 pages, 2013).
- Annual Transition Summit: New Hampshire’s annual statewide conference on postsecondary outcomes for students, held in the fall in Concord.
- The Coaching Frame tool from the Q.E.D. Foundation (MSWord, 5 pages) provides a structure to help plan and focus your coaching efforts with an individual or a small group.
- To focus your professional development, try our transition competency self-assessment process.
Links checked 7/27/17