Definition: All students are part of the process to receive annual career guidance and counseling that meets their needs and assesses progress towards high school completion.
- Free online training module from the Transition Coalition at the University of Kansas: Strategies for School Completion. You have to create an account before you can look at it, but it only takes a minute and is free. The course material is clear, concise and graphical – they are paying attention to what works for learners online!
- School Completion Strategies that Work in Rural Schools (PDF, 36 pages, 2017), also from the Transition Coalition, is colorful and graphical with lots of links to other online resources. Again, they are paying attention to what works for readers these days.
- Free online training module for school counselors from the Iris Center at Vanderbilt University: School Counselors: Facilitating Transitions for Students with Disabilities from High School to Post-School Settings
- A guide for advising high school students with disabilities on postsecondary options, from the Heath Center at George Washington University, 2006. Guidance and Career Counselors’ Toolkit (PDF, 194 pages)
- RENEW is a youth-directed planning and support process for school-to-career transition planning for youth with emotional and behavioral challenges. RENEW stands for Rehabilitation for Empowerment, Natural Supports, Education, and Work.