The IRIS center at Vanderbilt University develops free online resources to support all learners, especially struggling learners and those with disabilities. Transition resources include eight training modules, 38 information briefs, and 19 video vignettes!
Among the eight secondary transition training modules are:
- School Counselors: Facilitating Transitions for Students with Disabilities from High School to Post-School Settings (1.5 hours)
- Secondary Transition: Helping Students with Disabilities Plan for Post-High School Settings (1 hour)
- Secondary Transition: Interagency Collaboration (2 hours)
- Secondary Transition: Student-Centered Transition Planning (2 hours)
- Youth with Disabilities in Juvenile Corrections (Part 2):Transition and Reentry to School and Community (1.5 hours)
There are tons more training modules, 70 in all, on a wide range of special education topics, as well as over 300 information briefs and a total of 225 video vignettes. It is well worth your time exploring the resources with the IRIS Resource Locator. All are free at the moment.
You can earn a Certificate of Completion (hours) for over 33 of the IRIS modules (sample certificate). Factsheet about IRIS PD to share with an administrator.