Educator and Parent Portal
This portal is for parents and educators of transition-aged youth (age 14 and older) and highlights some of the information and resources found on or via this website. Explore the menu bar at the top to see lots more.
- Diagram showing how the parts of the IEP fit on a transition planning path (PDF), from Oregon.
- Talk with your student about their likes and dislikes. Interest inventories are a good tool for this.
- Start with a conversation with your student about their goals for adult life: measurable postsecondary goals
- Check out the Life After High School Transition Tool Kit (PDF) and some exemplar IEP transition plans.
- Age-appropriate transition assessments give you valuable data for decision-making
- Explore options for education after high school, including college.
- Disability supports at colleges.
- Design a credit-bearing experience outside the classroom: Extended Learning Opportunities (ELOs). Get in-depth information at BeyondClassroom.org
- RENEW, a planning process for youth with emotional and behavioral challenges
- Curricula and lesson plans that cover areas related to transition, a searchable database from Transition Tennessee. You will need to set up a free account to access it.