Below are some highlights of what you can find on or through this website for community mentors. Mentors are employers, private citizens, and other adults.
- Lighthearted 3:40-minute disability awareness video to educate and raise awareness in the workplace
- Support youth to speak for themselves (self-advocacy). Support youth to run their own lives (self-determination).
- Disability Awareness to Increase Your Comfort, Confidence, and Competence is a 27-minute narrated PowerPoint training module. You can move through it at your own pace by clicking on the slides and scanning the video transcripts for each slide.
- Building Relationships: A Guide for New Mentors is full of good suggestions.
Connections to High Schools
- Types of work-based learning
- What’s a Transition Plan?
- Creating a Successful School/Business Partnership: A Guide for Schools and Businesses from the Greater Baltimore Committee
State and Federal Rules
- Explore the most influential special education and disability laws
- Explore various accommodation options for people with disabilities in the workplace.
Links checked and content updated 4/17/20