Remote and Hybrid Transition Resources
Dr. Quentin Lee, from Alabama, is our new favorite principal. Check out two of his videos:
- A song of hope and encouragement about life with COVID-19, 0:52-minutes
Can’t Touch This Covid Parody, 2:11-minutes. Creativity can continue even during a pandemic.
Four recorded NTACT webinars, with tools to download:
- Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok & Beyond: Social Media for Peer2Peer Engagement
- Strategies & Resources for Students with Complex Support Needs in Distance Learning Environments
- Employment Preparation and WBL Experiences in a Virtual World
- Transition Activities Online At Home
NTACT Instructional Planning Resources – fourteen pages of links to resources, sorted by type.
A Dry Run at a Socially Distanced Classroom. Some college faculty in NY tested teaching in three scenarios: collaborative work in a classroom, lecturing in a bigger hall, and an outdoor class with group work. The article sums up what they learned, and it might be useful in your planning.
As the parent of a student with a disability, you may hear a lot of new terms being thrown around during the pandemic. Key Terms Regarding Online Learning and Education Technology (PDF, 6 pages, 2020) explains the meaning of different terms and their implications for students with disabilities.
Family Guide to At-Home Learning, from the CEEDAR Center at the University of Florida has practical strategies for helping students of all ages who may be struggling with an at-home learning task. Families may find these strategies useful when helping their students complete various reading, math, and/or behavioral tasks at home. Two-page PDF version of Family Guide
Video: Advocating for Children with Learning Differences During Coronavirus, 3:22-minutes
Free tools to help avoid distraction and multi-tasking:
- Forest is an Android and Apple app. Whenever you want to stay focused, plant a tree. Your tree will grow while you focus on your work. Leave the app halfway and your tree dies.
- StayFocused is a Google Chrome extension that helps you stay focused by restricting the amount of time you can spend on time-wasting websites.