Connecting to Your Community
Definition: There are connections to community resources, supports, services.
Community Resources and supports in general
- Chapter 3 of an online manual for identifying community assets and resources from the Work Group for Community Health and Development at the University of Kansas. Includes tools to both identify and harness the assets to meet community needs and to strengthen the whole community.
- Big list of ideas about who you might invite to IEP meetings, Potential Consultants to the Transition Team, from the Center for Parent Information and Resources.
- Success stories of school-business partnerships in schools across the country, from Education World
- School Business Partnerships in Anchorage, Alaska connect more than 600 school and business partners in collaborations that benefit their schools and community.
- A continuing education module from New York State on finding community resources when Moving from Pediatric to Adult Health Care (PDF, 22 pages, 2014)
Community resources in New Hampshire
- Mentors Portal on this website
- Vocational Rehabilitation page on this website
- ServiceLink Aging and Disability Resource Center helps people connect to short and long term services and supports, and navigate holes in the social services system. They are a one-stop shopping first point of contact for people in need, and go the extra mile to help.
- NH CarePath connects people to information, assistance, and care throughout New Hampshire, from caregiver resources and services for aging, disability and independent living to counseling and financial planning tools. ServiceLink is a partner in NH CarePath.