Septmeber 2023 This content was added to the High School Completion Page.
Definition: All students align their course of study with their areas of interest and career goals.
Diploma requirements in NH
- Minimum requirements for a regular high school diploma in New Hampshire (PDF, 3 pages, 2006)
- Extended Learning Opportunities (ELOs) allow New Hampshire students to earn credit through learning experiences that happen outside the traditional classroom.
Connects to student interests
- Explore a variety of postsecondary options, including apprenticeships.
- Career and technical education (CTE) is organized around career clusters, a way to group together careers with common features. This national framework presents a range of related career options to students and empowers them to choose the educational pathway that can lead to success in high school, college, and their chosen career.
- Clear introduction to career clusters and career pathways from Minnesota State Colleges and Universities.
- “STEM and People with Disabilities,” an engaging 15:00-minute video about how students with disabilities can pursue STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) fields.
Connects to IEP goals
Introduction to Universal Design for Learning (UDL): Quick Guide: Universal Design for Learning in Secondary Education (PDF, 4 pages, 2016) from the National Technical Assistance Center on Transition. UDL’s three guiding principles are to: 1) provide multiple means of representation, 2) provide multiple means of action and expression, and 3) provide multiple means of engagement. For students with IEPs, refer to Courses of Study in our Transition IEP Tool. The page includes essential elements, examples, and video.