College Disability Services in NH and Border States
All colleges must offer services (accommodations) to students with disabilities. The process and requirements vary from college to college. The tabs below give you links to disability service offices at New Hampshire state colleges as well as community colleges near the NH border in Maine, Massachusetts and Vermont.
NH community college disability services
New Hampshire has seven community colleges that offer a wide variety of degrees and certifications.
- Great Bay Community College disability services
- Lakes Region Community College disability services
- Manchester Community College accessibility services
- Nashua Community College disability and accessibility information
- New Hampshire Technical Institute (NHTI) accessibility services. This campus offers on-campus housing.
- River Valley Community College accessibility/disability services
- White Mountains Community College accessibility services
The Running Start program enables high school students to take community college courses for dual high school AND college credit. Students with disabilities are expected to demonstrate the same level of understanding of course material and meet the same minimum skill performance standards as all other students receiving college credit. This means the curriculum will not be modified. Accommodations, not modifications, are the name of the game. Disabilities Services for Running Start programs
NH 4-year college disability services
New Hampshire has several four-year undergraduate campuses in the state university system.
- Disability Services at Keene State College
- Campus Accessibility Services at Plymouth State University
- Student Disability Services at Granite State College
- Student Accessibility Services at the University of New Hampshire Durham
- Student Accessibility Services at the University of New Hampshire Manchester
Maine college disability services
These three community colleges are close to the Maine – New Hampshire border:
- Disability Services at Central Maine Community College (CMCC). Has on-campus housing.
- Disability Services at Southern Maine Community College (SMCC). Has on-campus housing.
- Disability Services at York County Community College (YCCC). No on-campus housing.
Massachusetts college disability services
These colleges are close to the Massachusetts – New Hampshire border:
Vermont college disability services
Four of Vermont’s community colleges are close to the Vermont – New Hampshire border.
Accessibility Services for Students with Disabilities at all Community College of Vermont (CCV) campuses.
Links updated 4/30/22