A two-day workshop, introductory level, for school personnel. Participants will:
- Define self-determination and identify components.
- Learn about ways to assess and promote self-determination, including research-based curricula, evidence-based practices and web-based resources.
This is course two in the Transition Planning series.
- Recording of September 20, 2016 webinar. Webinar is 1 hour 45 minutes long.
- Course pre-work questions
- PowerPoint with presenter notes slides 1-22, Slides 23-51 – includes presenter notes and timing for each slide
- PowerPoint slides handout, PDF, 9 pages – prints all slides, six to a page
- Pre-test, MSWord, 1 page
- Self-determination mapping and action planning tool, MSWord, 2 pages
- AIR Self-Determination Scale, PDF, 8 pages
- Strafford Learning Center (SLC) transition planning worksheet, MSWord, 4 pages
- Parent Information Center (PIC) workshops brochure, PDF, 2 pages
- Answer key
The activities in this course are designed for a team. You won’t need as much time if you are working through it as an individual.
|One week prior to the training, provide the pre-work questions to all participants.||1 week prior||
|Introductions, pre-test, review agenda, review Next Steps project
|The Birthday Party
|Definition and components of self-determination
|Assessing self-determination skills
|Proven approaches to promote self-determination
|Research-based curricula in self-determination
|Example of a student-led IEP meeting
|Ideas for implementation
Update in progress 3/21/17